Ready to share your Power-Up with the world? We're here to walk you through the process and ensure that everything goes as expected. Below you'll find the steps you need to follow to make your Power-Up publicly available.
Our bar for Power-Ups is that they should provide a user experience at the level of Trello itself. They should not do too much, nor too little. They should be free of bugs and awkward user experiences.
Before you submit your Power-Up please make sure you've done the following to make review as smooth as possible.
- Test your Power-Up to make sure it's generally free of bugs and awkward user experiences.
- Review the Power-Up Guidelines and make sure your Power-Up follows them.
- Review the Trello Brand Guidelines.
- Ensure you have highly available, responsible, and scalable hosting for your Power-Up.
You will need to register your Power-Up and sign a Joint Developer's Agreement via trello.com/power-ups/admin before we can review the Power-Up.
Before you submit your Power-Up, you'll need a few things:
- Connector URL: This is the URL that you used when you registered the Power-Up via the developer portal at https://trello.com/power-ups/admin.
- Power-Up ID: You can get your Power-Up ID from the URL you see when editing your Power-Up:
The Power-Up ID is underlined.
To submit your Power-Up, please complete this form:
We ask a lot of questions about your Power-Up so that we have a better sense of how we should test it. We want to make sure that we provide our users with the most delightful Power-Ups!
After you've submitted your Power-Up for review, the review team will notify you that they've received the submission and are reviewing the Power-Up.
To review the Power-Up, we will add it to our team and enable it on a board. From there, we'll walk through our guidelines and make sure the Power-Up checks all the boxes. We will also ensure that the Power-Up's functionality matches any documentation you submitted.
As we're reviewing the Power-Up, we'll compile a list of feedback for you. Once we're done testing, we'll share all of the feedback in an email to you. Feel free to ask questions if anything is unclear in our feedback. Unless we instruct otherwise, after you've addressed everything, let us know via email and we'll re-review your changes
The review process usually takes two or more weeks depending on the amount of feedback provided and the speed at which you make changes based on the feedback.
While the Power-Up is under review, go ahead and start preparing it for launch by checking out the materials we'll need from you to launch the Power-Up below!
Prior to launching, you should take the time to read through our Power-Up Launch Playbook! We've compiled ideas and lessons learned from the best Power-Up launches and put them together to share with you.
Before we're ready to launch the Power-Up we'll need a few final things from you:
- Your preferred launch date(s): Does it matter to you when the Power-Up is launched? Be prepared to let us know what the options are so we can coordinate any efforts on our end.
- Are you planning any marketing?: We encourage you to consider telling your users about the new Power-Up via newsletter, blog, social, and/or press release. If you choose to do this, we'll ask you to share links to those pieces of content so they can be reviewed and approved by our team. This typically takes 5-10 business days.
- Complete Power-Up Admin Fields: In the Power-Up admin portal for your Power-Up, make sure that you have all of the fields filled out. We only require the set of "Required Fields" for creating a Power-Up. However, public Power-Ups are required to have all fields completed, including